RSM is seeking an experienced, energetic and self-motivated state and local tax specialist to join our dynamic, collaborative and expanding Pennsylvania State and Local Tax practice. RSM’s collaborative and entrepreneurial culture provide a career-focused individual with the opportunity to be an integral part of an expanding State and Local Tax (SALT) practice. Operating out of 76 major metropolitan cities centered around 5 geographic regions, we take pride in being the premier service provider for middle market companies, while also having the depth and expertise to service to our Fortune 1,000 clients. In addition, through RSMs affiliate network firm’s we have access to a global network of professionals consisting of more 22,000 professionals in more than 100 countries.
As a Supervisor, you will be responsible for the following job duties which are focused around two core concepts; your technical expertise and delivering excellent client service:
- Delivery of profitable SALT services to our clients that appropriately utilize firm and client resources
- Providing timely, high quality client service that meets or exceeds client expectations with tax
advice and consultation that enable clients to increase shareholder value
- The focus of this position will cover multiple facets of state and local tax including: income
and franchise; sales & use; credits & incentives; unclaimed property; and M&A.
- Research and resolve technical state and local tax issues
- Prepare technical memoranda, matrices and other client deliverables
- Manage tax assignments and related projects
- Plan and coordinate the flow of information with the client
- Prepare and/or review work papers and state tax returns
- Participate in the billing and collection process
- Expected to recognize opportunities for providing additional services to clients, marketing
technical specialty or expertise to client
- CPA, MST, CMI, JD or LLM preferred
- BS Degree in Accounting
- 2+ years of current or recent experience in public accounting or corporate tax department
- Familiarity with researching state tax laws and regulations
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Tax compliance experience/background a plus
You want your next step to be the right one. You've worked hard to get where you are today. And now you're ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. RSM is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you'll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.
Experience RSM US. Experience the power of being understood.
RSM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.