RSM US LLP has an exciting and rare opening for a Human Resources Director to join our team! Our Human Resource Director will be a key contributor to the planning and execution of a comprehensive Human Resources strategy within the tax line of business (LOB) for Central Region and beyond. The HR Director will work closely with the business leaders and OMP leadership, additionally may serve on local leadership teams and represent the office internally and externally. The HR Director will support the tax leaders and office leadership in a variety of talent management, employee engagement, employee relations, retention, and reward initiatives.
- Business Partner to our Tax Leadership, regional and national HR team to drive business results for the firm.
- Project Management responsibilities for core HR processes including but not limited to performance management, talent management, talent acquisition, learning and professional development, and employee/partner engagement.
- Overall accountability for execution of project. Including scope, budget, and timeline. Prioritizes work and sets deadlines for others. Reviews analysis and synthesizes project based on perceptions and insight on impact across the firm and region. Presents results of projects to leadership
- Leads continuous improvement of projects/processes.
- Talent Management
- Independently coaches leaders for positions up to and including partner/principal. Creates career plans for growth, industry experience, leadership opportunities, etc.
- Partners with LOB leaders to develop workforce plans
- Partners with local and national LOB leaders to identify and development talent management strategies, identify gaps that inform other key functional areas such as compensation, recruitment and plans to support business initiatives ensuring alignment to national strategy.
- Employee Relations/Compliance
- Manages partner/principal performance and interpersonal issues and coaching
- Identifies and addresses complex risk and liability implications, and refers most complex legal and political issues to legal.
- Oversees complex investigations
- Conducts employee terminations with approval from regional HR leader, business leader and/or national employee relations
- Trains other departments and less senior HR staff to resolve conflict
- Performance Management/Salary Administration
- Directs talent review meetings (TRM) including director/partner promotions, and succession planning.
- Educates and advises regional leadership on compensation objectives, market data and positioning, bonus program and applicable regulations in alignment with firm strategy.
- Local Training Delivery
- Suggests, reviews, and approves training that impact region that align with firm strategy and objectives
- Mentoring/Career Advisor Responsibilities
- Serves as a career advisor and provides effective leadership to employees and/or teams through: Communicating performance expectations & providing feedback on performance, recognition, coaching, creating career growth opportunities and employee development plans.
- May informally mentor other HR team members
- Bachelor degree in Human Resources or related field required
- 8–10 years of progressive HR Management and leadership experience required.
- Previous professional services experience preferred
- PHR/SPHR preferred
- Proficient in all aspects of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook) required
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal required
- Strong business acumen and understanding of industry and partnership model required
- Demonstrated ability to identify complex patterns of risk & liability, challenges and resolves issues, makes effective recommendation on course of action, and understands when to escalate complex issues required
- Demonstrates current working knowledge of federal, state, local regulations/laws and firm policies required
- Understands compensation materials and principles required
- Effective organization and time management skills and ability to manage multiple tasks required
- Strong attention to detail required
- Ability to respond positively to changing circumstances, seek and implement change to drive business improvement; serve as a change agent required
- Operates with a sense of urgency required
You want your next step to be the right one. You've worked hard to get where you are today. And now you're ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. RSM is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you'll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.
Experience RSM US. Experience the power of being understood.
RSM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
Job ID req4397_Austin_1
Line of Business: Internal Client Service
SubFunction: Human Resources
Job Type: Full Time
Req #: req4397_Austin_1
811 Barton Springs Rd, #500, Austin, TX US
Region: Central Region
Job Category: Human Resources
Employment Type: Experienced
Degree Required: Bachelor