The Central Region is looking for a Senior Associate who is interested in joining our Credits, Incentives, and Methods (CIM) group and working in the Research and Development (R&D) tax credits area. You will receive intensive on-the-job training focused on this specialty practice area and a dedicated mentor. The candidate should have solid verbal and written communication skills with the ability to evaluate and articulate complex information – detailed note taking capabilities are vital for this position. In addition, you must be willing to travel and work at client locations up to 50% of the time during certain times of the year.
As a member of our CIM group, working specifically with R&D Tax Credits, you will be responsible for the following job duties which are focused around two core concepts: your technical and quality expertise and delivering excellent client service:
- Perform tax planning and research, resolving complex tax issues, and giving recommendations to clients, as it relates specifically to the R&D credit
- Develop and sustain excellent client relationships through personal attention and timeliness of service by maintaining regular contact with assigned clients – communicate directly with client personnel, including operations, finance, accounting, and engineering
- Assist in managing and implementing multiple projects simultaneously, which include client interviews, computations, analysis, data gathering, and coordination of resources
- Develop an understanding of client's business and become a "functional expert" in the area
- Help drive the success of multiple R&D engagements
- Assistance in our business development efforts by participating in feasibility reviews to determine the potential cost and benefit of a full study and recognizing opportunities for providing additional services to clients
- Contribute as industry expert by keeping abreast of changes in industry regulation, maintain competency through continuing education and obtaining additional professional certifications
- Assist with drafting opinion letters, responses to IRS inquiries, IRS Ruling requests, and writing other technical memoranda
- Minimum of 2+ years of experience in public accounting, or a combination of public accounting and industry/law
- Undergraduate degree in business (accounting, economics, finance, etc.) or a degree in the sciences (computer science, engineering, biology, chemistry, or physics)
- Strong social skills including a dynamic personality and excellent communication skills
- Natural curiosity
- Ability to take detailed notes in a fast paced environment
- Extremely organized and responsive
- Good judgment
- Proficiency with MS Excel
- Available for up to 50% travel during the busy season
- CPA, JD, or EA
- Master’s Degree
- 2 years of experience working with the R&D tax credit
- Experience working for large national accounting firm in a specialized practice area
You want your next step to be the right one. You've worked hard to get where you are today. And now you're ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. RSM is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you'll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.
Experience RSM US. Experience the power of being understood.
RSM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.