Senior Scheduler – Audit & Tax
Location: Cleveland, OH
The Senior Scheduler position is primarily responsible for implementing scheduling processes, as well as scheduling and coordinating the assignment of both audit and tax client service personnel across multiple offices in Ohio to engagements that will ensure resources are effectively deployed and staff workloads are balanced.
This role reports to the Regional Resource Management Director and will collaborate with Assurance and Tax LOB Team Leaders and Human Resources Leaders.
- Monitor schedule daily and facilitate necessary adjustments to assigned offices and teams.
- Participate in scheduling meetings and follow-up on unresolved issues that require rescheduling of projects and/or staff.
- Work with leaders and managers in the implementation of scheduling process and engagement management. Ensure compliance with priorities around financials and capacity, client needs, staff development and abilities, staff availability and ensuring the experience of staff is diverse.
- Audit scheduled vs. actual time and provide various forms of analysis including financial profitability and exception reporting.
- Partner with client service managers and staff regarding productivity, staffing issues and concerns including reporting and issues to supervisors, HR, etc.
- Other responsibilities and projects as directed by Resource Management Director, in addition to both Audit and Tax practice leadership.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business or another related field
- 2+ years of prior experience as a scheduler or external client server in audit, tax or consulting services arena for a professional services organization or another relevant industry.
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Able to confidently connect at all levels in the organization using diplomatic communication, influence and negotiation skills.
- Ability to manage relationships and have crucial conversations
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and leverage strong attention to detail
- Understands and thrives in a face pace environment and able to prioritize accordingly.
- Ability to travel up to 25%.
You want your next step to be the right one. You've worked hard to get where you are today. And now you're ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. RSM is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you'll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.
Experience RSM US. Experience the power of being understood.
RSM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
Job ID req4398_Columbus, OH
Line of Business: Internal Client Service
Job Type: Full Time
Req #: req4398_Columbus, OH
250 West St, Suite 200, Columbus, OH US
Region: Great Lakes Region
Job Category: Human Resources
Employment Type: Experienced
Degree Required: Bachelor