The HRMS Manager is responsible for the overall administration, project management and design of new functionality and upgrading of HR systems including PeopleSoft. As well as the development and implementation of new functionality, data integrity, security, and overall utilization of the HRMS.
This position is responsible for planning, project coordination, and management for the development of a cost-effective HRMS while concurrently facilitating efficient operations to meet current and future business needs within the HR organization. Responsible for analyzing and directing all functional related activities within the scope of the Human Resources Management System. This position is accountable for ensuring continuity and successful delivery of functional services to users throughout the organization.
- The HRMS managers serves as an interface between internal/external customers and the functional team members to ensure effective definition of and delivery of HRMS applications and defines overall prioritization of work assignments.
- Maintain awareness of vendor plans and the potential impact of those plans on current and future HRMS functionality. When apprised, review impending business issues that will have a direct impact on the HRMS and provide senior management with an assessment of the HRMS impact, scheduling considerations and other information required for a complete business case.
- Responsible for the development, implementation, data integrity and processes associated with the collection, retrieval, accessibility, security and usage of employee information for HR and the business leaders.
- Assist with project management by playing key role in planning, testing and implementing new systems enhancements, including upgrades.
- Research and resolve system issues and usability concerns Teach functional teams how to use HRMS and new features.
- Develop complex queries and reports as requested by HR leadership and reports to assist functional teams in managing information.
- Prepare for and conduct requirements elicitation sessions using a variety of techniques including but not limited to: brainstorming, interviews, surveys, requirements workshops, observation, task and workflow analysis, prototyping, storyboarding, document analysis, interface analysis, and focus group sessions.
- Translate conceptual user requirements into solid usable business requirement and determine appropriate usage of HRMS to maximize efficiency.
- Organize, model, and specify requirements with the appropriate level of detail given complexity, risk, and audience Work with stakeholders, sponsor, and project team to verify and validate requirements through review of requirements.
- Work with stakeholders, sponsor, and project manager to prioritize requirements and agree on assumptions and constraints as well as acting as a liaison with 3rd party vendors and internal IT and finance resources on all HR related application issues
- Partner with internal IT resources to determine if core functionality, custom build or third party tool is best approach for new application development.
- Decompose high-level business and user requirements into functional and nonfunctional requirements.
- Communicate requirements to ensure all stakeholders have a shared understanding of the solution and to secure approval from stakeholders with the authority to approve.
- Manage issues and changes to baselined requirements by identifying business impact of the changes and through effective application of change control processes and tools.
- Conduct annual security audit, evaluate current system roles and determine when new roles are required and what permissions should be added and assign appropriate security roles based on the user's job responsibilities
- Bachelor degree in related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 7 to 10 years of business analysis experience focused on system integration, implementation and data analysis required
- Experience with HR systems preferred Understands project management methodologies
- Understanding of payroll and benefits processes
- Experience working with 3rd party and vendor relationships
- Subject matter expert for PeopleSoft HR modules
- Proficient in PeopleSoft Query
- Proficient in Crystal and NVision reporting tools Understand inter-dependencies between systems
- Analytical skills, to critically evaluate the information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a more general understanding, distinguish solution ideas from requirements, and to distinguish user requests from underlying needs
- Facilitation skills, to lead requirements elicitation workshops
- Modeling skills, to represent requirements information in graphical forms that augment textual representations
- Sound personal judgement with capacity to handle confidential information
- Proficient in MS Office products such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio
- Knowledge of defect tracking processes and tools
You want your next step to be the right one. You've worked hard to get where you are today. And now you're ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. RSM is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you'll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.
Experience RSM US. Experience the power of being understood.
RSM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
Job ID req4313_Davenport
Line of Business: Internal Client Service
SubFunction: Human Resources
Job Type: Full Time
Req #: req4313_Davenport
, , Davenport, IA US
Job Category: Human Resources
Employment Type: Experienced
Degree Required: Bachelor