Tax Senior Associate-Health Care/Exempt Organizations
The Tax Senior Associate – Health Care/Exempt Organizations will be responsible for utilizing research skills, applying tax foundational knowledge to understand potential tax issues, gathering client information necessary for filing, participating in tax planning, recognizing and communicating potential risks, and working with tax software applications to complete tax returns for review.
- Ensure that clients comply with all applicable authorities, while at the same time, minimizing their tax and reporting burdens.
- Meet internal deadline to match the client expectations for timely delivery of service.
- Work in, and be a part of, a multi-disciplinary team.
- Prepare and review Forms 990, 990-PF and 990-T and provide advice to clients regarding exempt organization and tax return issues.
- Gather and manipulates audit and client information as needed to prepare returns.
- Import data into tax preparation software.
- Work with tax software applications, MS Excel/Word and Adobe in a paperless environment.
- Keep up-to-date on current tax practices.
- Identify when research is needed; clearly and concisely frame issues to be researched; clearly and concisely report the analysis.
Desired Skills and Experience
- BA/BS degree and one or more of the following: Master's in Taxation, JD, LLM or CPA.
- 2 - 3 years of federal tax experience.
- Strong skills in reviewing 990, 990-PF and 990-T information returns.
- Able to provide tax planning and advisory services to colleges and universities, public charities, private foundations, hospitals and other healthcare entities, and other types of tax-exempt entities.
- Knowledge of Internal Revenue Service (IRS) codes and exempt organization tax matters.
- Familiarity with ProSystem fx Engagement a plus.
- Ability to meet challenging client requirements, provide services, and possess strong communication, interpersonal, analytical, and research abilities
Job ID req1591
Line of Business: Tax Services
SubFunction: Family Wealth Services - HNW
Job Type: Full Time
Req #: req1591
One South Wacker Dr Ste 800, , Chicago, IL US
Region: Great Lakes Region
Job Category: Tax
Employment Type: Experienced
Degree Required: Bachelor