Do you have a passion and a curiosity for understanding and researching complex accounting issues?
Are you looking for a more flexible and balanced career?
Do you enjoy serving and working collaboratively with your clients to help resolve complex accounting issues?
Are you interested in joining an in-demand rapidly growing practice with experienced professionals of diverse backgrounds?
Are you looking for a career that will provide you with interesting and varied professional growth opportunities?
If so, RSM's Technical Accounting Consulting (TAC) is the right fit for you!
RSM is looking for a Senior Manager to join our new Technical Accounting Consulting (TAC) team in our West Region to work with our Regional TAC Leader located in San Jose, CA (San Francisco is also an option for work location). Changing economies, new accounting policies and evolving tax regulations mean that business and professional services firms face an ever-changing business landscape. With more than 80 years of industry expertise, RSM has helped thousands of firms to achieve their business objectives. Our clients include firms in a variety of industries, including financial services, technology, and commercial to name just a few. Experienced in serving clients with a local, national or international presence, and a number of diverse organizational structures, our professionals can help develop meaningful solutions for your business.
- Manage multiple concurrent engagements within the Technical Accounting Consulting practice to provide technical accounting and financial or business advisory guidance to clients
- Demonstrate intermediate to advanced knowledge of complex accounting concepts
- Provide timely, high quality client service that meets or exceeds client expectations including coordinating the development and execution of the consulting work plan and client deliverables
- Collaborate directly with firm specialists/subject matter experts on complex accounting matters
- Assist in the preparation of technical memos and other client deliverables
- Manage TAC engagements and the engagement teams
- Oversee engagement economics and manage appropriate resources for efficient engagement models
- Anticipate and address client concerns and escalate issues as they arise; identify performance improvement opportunities
- Understand RSM's service lines and work as a team in providing an integrated service delivery
- Develop others within the TAC practice through mentoring, training and advising on career development or participating in other Firm initiatives
- Understand RSM's lines of businesses, availability of services and where applicable, discuss with client management of opportunities to make valuable introductions to others in the firm
- Work with the Regional Leader on "go to market" strategy, participating in proposals, pitch meetings, and developing marketing collateral
- Develop a strategy to utilize relationships external to the firm with different types of Centers of Influence to effectuate business growth
- Subscribe to and actively read industry publications and share relevant information with clients as considered applicable
- Ensure professional development through ongoing education
- Willingness to travel 25% or less of the year, depending on your clients
- BS/BA Degree in Accounting or equivalent degree
- CPA or CA Certification
- 7+ years of current or recent experience in a public accounting environment
- Excellent team and project management skills