Litigation Support EDiscovery Manager
The EDiscovery Manager will be part of the General Counsel’s office and work with the Firm’s EDiscovery team to provide support to a team of attorneys and paralegals. The candidate must have experience interacting with attorneys on a daily basis and a general knowledge of the lifecycle of litigation.
- Work with the General Counsel’s team on the collection, preparation and production of electronic data. Provide expertise on the collection, metadata and processing of various documents as part of eDiscovery as well as provide training to others on the litigation technology applications, as needed. Develop, implement and review processing and process improvements.
- Manage and perform data collections from various repositories, cloud based solutions, custodians and Firm applications in compliance with legal hold obligations
- Conduct periodic quality control reviews of the EDiscovery environment
- Use global knowledge and understanding of eDiscovery practices to provide technical solutions to the General Counsel’s office that will assist in effectively and efficiently meeting EDRM obligations.
- Collaborate with outside contractors and third party vendors to process discovery requests, as needed, while managing vendor contracts and ensuring all vendors adhere to appropriate contract requirements.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with local and firmwide IT Department to stay abreast of the Firm’s technology initiatives and objectives
- Keep current with EDiscovery practices as they relate to the litigation landscape
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 5+ years’ experience working with litigation and EDiscovery programs
- Experience with record management policies and practices
- In depth understanding of the litigation lifecycle, litigation technology and EDiscovery
- Experience interacting (in-person) at a high-level with attorneys
- Understanding of Windows-based computer system with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to adhere to strict time deadlines and work at a dynamic pace
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced proficiency of Windows Operating Systems, network storage and archival technologies
- Advanced knowledge of the concepts, management and processing of ESI as they relate to discovery collections, review and processing tools and applications
- Global knowledge and understanding of EDiscovery practices
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology
- Certified EDiscovery Specialist
- Knowledge of cost effective solutions to collect, process, host, review and produce electronic evidence in high exposure litigation
- Self-directed and able to independently create solutions and provide recommendations
Job ID req2207
Line of Business: Internal Client Service
Job Type: Full Time
Req #: req2207
Suite 3900, 200 South Wacker Drive, Chicago, IL US
Job Category: Legal
Employment Type: Experienced
Degree Required: Bachelor