RSM is currently searching for an experienced Tax Partner with an entrepreneurial mindset and strong leadership skills to join our expanding Private Client Services (PCS) tax practice in Stamford, CT. This role provides an opportunity to join a high-performing practice where you will use your expertise in taxation to provide compliance and consulting services to multi-generational wealthy families and their private businesses and/or investment entities.
You will also help lead and manage our growth, identify and seize new business opportunities, supervise staff and work closely with other Partners, clients and family offices.
Candidates must be familiar with the tax consulting process and possess the analytical skills necessary for the effective diagnosis, development and implementation of solutions to clients' tax needs. With the support of the firm, you'll have the opportunity to develop and pursue creative approaches to resolve client issues.
· Bachelor's degree
· CPA License or JD required
· 12+ years continuous public accounting or family office tax experience
· Strong experience with private client services (personal taxation, trust taxation, estate & gift taxation, charitable taxation, with exposure to flow through entities and partnership taxation and corporate taxation, including State & Local income (SALT)/Franchise tax for multi-state filers).
· Experience in the review of tax returns for wealthy family members and their trusts, investment entities, and private businesses. Businesses could include Private Equity, Financial Services, Manufacturing, Oil & Gas, Real Estate, Wholesale Distribution, Service, Retail and Restaurants. Exposure to business returns would be a plus, but not required
· Must be able to support financial growth efforts and manage a book of business
· Successful candidates will possess ability to plan client engagements, provide tax consulting services, manage compliance projects, supervise and review work of team staff members, work closely with clients as well as internal managers and partners
· Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate complex information and tax law
· Exceptional client service and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain outstanding client relationships.
· 10+ years experience in dealing with high net worth clients required
· 5+ years of managerial experience required
· Master's Degree in Taxation or Law Degree
· Experience working for a Big 4 or large national, regional or local accounting firm
· Experience working with Private Foundations
· Exposure to reporting and filings related to foreign assets, investments and holdings
· Ability to establish and maintain strong client relationships
· Proven ability to develop new business relationships and expand services to existing clients
· Excellent communication skills-both oral and written
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications required
· Experience with tax preparation software required - ProFx, BNA Income Tax Planner, and Go Systems desired
· Experience with research tools required - RIA Checkpoint and CCH desired