RSM is looking for a driven Audit Partner to join our National Real Estate Practice within our Chicago office. Our National Real Estate Practice serves public and private clients including real estate private equity funds, advisors, institutional investors and joint ventures, hotel and hospitality, developers, and owners/operators of commercial, retail and multifamily real estate. Our National Real Estate Practice provides for the opportunity to work and network with others on vibrant projects throughout the Firm.
Successful candidates should have experience as an Audit leader with a focus on Real Estate clients; deep and meaningful relationships within the Chicago business community; ability to work collaboratively with clients and service teams; and passion for helping clients and people succeed.
• Client Service
- Manage and build trusting client relationships.
- Assist in building, developing, and managing a book of business to meet goals and objectives.
- Manage and drive the success of multiple audit engagements.
- Work collaboratively with clients and service teams to deliver exceptional value and quality.
- Provide additional insights and business solutions that result in expanded business to clients.
• Business Development
- Lead the development and execution of growth strategies
- Actively represent the firm in the business community to promote our brand and capabilities
- Use professional network and existing relationships to actively develop new business for the assurance
team as well as extend opportunities to other lines of business within the firm.
• People Management
- Attract, develop and retain top talent.
- Serve as a mentor and coach for emerging leaders.
- Ensure effective communication and alignment of priorities.
• Expertise Development
- Stay current on latest regulatory and legislative developments.
• Bachelors degree in Accounting or related field; CPA certification.
• 12+ years’ experience in public accounting.
• Big Four or similar national or regional leadership experience preferred.
• Technical proficiency in financial statement audits of dynamic middle market companies that engage in complex
transactions including: mergers and acquisitions, complex equity structures, complex debt structures, etc.
• Excellent client service and organizational management skills.
• Proven success and track record in building, developing growing and sustaining client relationships