|Can you develop a digital solution from an idea, collaborate to tell a story, clearly communicate technical concepts, and create compelling content to engage our learners? |
As an eLearning development associate on our Learning & Professional Development Learning Design team you will work directly with instructional designers and SMEs, building eLearning for RSM’s Tax, Consulting, and Audit employees. Working from scripts and storyboards you will be responsible for the build, publish and maintenance of the RSM My Learning online eLearning catalogue.
Our ideal candidate will have experience building courseware in Storyline or a comparable authoring tool. Ability to create and edit digital media assets, including graphics, audio, video, and photography. Our current development tools include Storyline 3, Adobe Creative Suite, Camtasia, Microsoft Office, and SharePoint. As our development tools evolve and change you will be expected to and encouraged to learn new tools and skills.
1. Programs new eLearning modules in current set of tools (e.g. Articulate Storyline, Camtasia) based on PowerPoint or other content provided by subject matter experts, instructional designers, and/or other member of LPD team. Schedules, records and edits media for inclusion in eLearning. Maintains collection of digital media assets. Proofreads and edits slide deck and instructional self-study materials for completeness, accuracy, and formatting. Verifies that the materials follow style and branding guides and that the format is correct. Creates supplemental course materials (e.g. participant guides). Also responsible for revising existing eLearning given change requests from subject matter experts, instructional designers, and/or other members of LPD team.
2. Project manages eLearning production, including the development of work plans in sufficient detail to meet established deadlines. Serves as a point of contact for eLearning requests, distribution of workflow within department, and communications with vendors, key stakeholders (including internal clients). Manages compliance documentation for peer review folders according to NASBA standards. Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion.
3. Designs, creates and maintains tools and templates (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Articulate Storyline) that establish clear and consistent guidelines for quality and efficient processes to be followed by contractors, peers, or other technical resources. Monitors self-study library to ensure all resources are up-to-date; creates tracking tools to facilitate capturing appropriate information necessary for compliance, working directly with RSM Regulatory Compliance to establish appropriate guidelines.
4. Creates, revises and implements processes and policies related to eLearning production, in conjunction with appropriate stakeholders. Provides input to potential new tools or techniques for producing innovating learning content. Provides process and project performance feedback as appropriate.
5. Others duties as assigned
Bachelor degree or equivalent experience preferred
Strong attention to detail (required)
Ability to stay calm under pressure (required)
Ability to balance competing priorities (required)
Ability to proofread and edit (required)
Ability to build multimedia eLearning using tools such as Articulate Storyline (required)
Basic Media production skills, including audio/video recording and editing, graphic editing, and photography (preferred)
Ability to manage technical projects in partnership with multi-disciplinary teams and multiple stakeholders
Has a passion for new technology; able to learn technology quickly; can translate learning goals into technical language
2+ years relevant experience (required)
Experience in professional services industry (preferred)
Prior experience training and guiding other team members or contractors (preferred)
Prior experience leading other employees or contractors and managing workflow for other team members (preferred)