The Billing Specialist proactively processes all billing transactions in coordination with their assigned billers utilizing the most effective and efficient procedures and systems to facilitate the timely billing for services delivered by the firm in accordance with Firm policies.
· Transactional duties may include but are not limited to:
o Initiates the monthly billing process for assigned billers which may include reviewing or recommending billing amounts based on historical billings and current engagement amounts. Processes billing as instructed by billers including final review of invoices prior to mailing.
o Initiates discussions and communication with billing partners to drive monthly results.
o Updates AR and WIP reserves as directed.
o Submits new client information and updates existing information in Client Central including client folder setup.
· Reporting & Analysis duties may include but are not limited to:
o Provides routine weekly, semi-monthly, monthly, and ad hoc reports to assist billers in billing analysis and engagement management.
o Independently investigates billing issues and processes invoice adjustments to ensure invoice correctness and employee margin accuracy.
o Reviews aged WIP for assigned billers to control outstanding WIP balances and identify billing opportunities.
· Training duties may include but are not limited to:
o Train and educate assigned billing partners regarding billing systems and related policies and procedures.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Associates degree or equivalent experience
· 1-3 years relevant experience - Preferred
· Prior professional billing experience – Preferred
· Strong Microsoft Office skills
· Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing with diverse audiences
· Detail oriented