Due to rapid growth of our Internal Audit and SOX Solutions practice and the evolving risk landscape of our clients, RSM is seeking a highly motivated manager to project manage and lead teams of risk advisory professionals in addressing our clients’ risk mitigation requirements.
The Risk Advisory Manager is responsible for providing internal audit, internal control and Sarbanes-Oxley services to dynamic organizations - across multiple industries. The Manager will be responsible for leading and developing a team of consultants in planning and managing engagements, conducting fieldwork, discussing findings and observations during client exit meetings, reviewing staff work papers, and preparing written audit reports.
The position will also assist leadership in overall building and maintaining new and existing client relationships in Southern California and surrounding areas, and be familiar with advising and delivering best practice solutions while helping clients deal with critical business issues.
The candidate should also be capable of conducting internal audit engagements independently and leading an engagement team.
· Draw upon your demonstrated technical, industry and risk advisory knowledge to become a trusted advisor to our clients
· Effectively manage, motivate and mentor multidisciplinary teams to work as a cohesive, client-centric unit in delivering high-quality solutions to sophisticated clients
· Leverage your existing network and personal brand in the marketplace to drive growth for the risk advisory practice
· Oversee a diverse book of business, maintaining responsibility for the profitability, effective delivery and engagement risk of all client related work within the portfolio
· Manage multiple client projects simultaneously, while providing leadership on proposal opportunities and ongoing internal initiatives
· Model the core RSM values of respect, integrity, teamwork, excellence and stewardship in all interactions with clients and team members
· 7 + years’ experience with audit, internal audit or internal controls experience
· Bachelor degree in business, finance, accounting, or comparable disciplines.
· Strong understanding internal audit, Sarbanes-Oxley, internal control reviews and process risk assessments
· Regulatory, internal audit or public accounting background
· Ability to travel in California and surrounding states in the region
· Professional designations (CPA, CIA, or comparable) or in the process of certification
Ability to travel up to 30-50%
· Professional services and/or Public Accounting or Consulting experience
· Experience and ability to manage projects and take initiative
· Ability to contribute well in a team environment.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
· Strong knowledge of business process and internal controls
· Excellent project management and time management skills