The purpose of this position is to manage and maintain a SharePoint site collection and relative projects within Enterprise Knowledge Management department. The Knowledge Management Site Collection Business Owner (SCBO) will have overall knowledge of the architecture of the collection and will manage all associated projects. They will be the main point person to help make critical decisions pertaining to the architecture and/or new features and the implementation of them. They will be primarily responsible for the overall quality assurance of the site content and processes.
1. Ensure alignment with Enterprise KM governance, architecture and design policies and procedures.
a. Performs as the LOB or functional area liaison with IT with respect to site changes.
2. Establish effective governance to include defined processes and procedures.
3. Compile and review various reports to help maintain effective content management and improved user adoption (search).
4. Attend regularly scheduled SharePoint and Knowledge Management meetings.
5. Represent the business needs and work with KM partners and other stakeholders to compile and analyze business needs.
6. Participate in setting technology development strategy. Identifies new areas on an ongoing basis where SharePoint can be leveraged. Participates in ongoing research to determine SharePoint best practices and capabilities.
7. Consult with other line of business or functional areas on cross-domain system integration.
8. Perform regular maintenance to include (but not limited to):
a. Work with subject matter experts, consistently revisiting and reviewing content to ensure business relevance.
b. Monitor site usage and follow up on dormancy on a monthly basis.
c. Monitor to ensure workflow and tasks are working correctly.
d. Monitor and update term sets and metadata as needed.
e. Maintain permissions.
9. Is the “Super Owner” of the site collection. Is the first line of day to day support for users and other Site Owners below top level site. Approves the provisioning of new sites within their given LOB or functional area.
10. Write technical documentation or guidance as needed and train end-users. Identify training gaps and escalate to Enterprise Governance Council.
11. Perform error identification, investigation and resolution – escalate to KM and IT as needed.
12. Is able to work in basic SharePoint web apps, workflow and forms.13. Assist KM team in annual quality assurance checks.